Dear Sandra Pillon,
We are pleased to announce Addictions 2010, The New Frontier in Addiction Treatment: Evidence-Based Policy and Practice.
Experts agree that the current systems for the treatment of addictions are inadequate in terms of policy, structure, methodology, and treatment efficacy. Only a small minority of addicted individuals receive the evidence-based treatment they need. This conference brings together policy makers, administrators, clinicians and researchers who will outline a new frontier in addiction services and discuss ways to adopt and implement a more expeditious, user-friendly, cost effective and evidence-based system. Speakers will be urged to brainstorm new ideas and think outside the box.
Themes and Topics
- Overcoming practical barriers to changing current treatment systems
- Pathways to innovations in addiction practice
- Translating addiction research into the real world
- Bridging the gap between research and policy
- Encouraging treatment entry
- Making treatments more appealing
- Marketing treatment services
- Redefining treatment outcomes
- Promoting the adoption of evidence-based treatments
- Novel treatment approaches
- Novel treatment venues
- Improving treatment retention
- Treatment accountability
- Facilitating the use of medications in substance abuse treatment
Abstracts are invited for poster presentations on the above symposium topics. Please submit abstracts using the Online Submission Form by March 26, 2010 according to the abstract preparation guidelines.
A select number of posters may be chosen for oral presentation at the conference.
For further information and updates please visit and bookmark the Addictions 2010 website.