An American Board of Addiction Medicine-approved MOC activity!
Current Issue: March–April 2016
Interventions and Assessments
- Exploration of the Complex Interrelationship Between Nonmedical Use of Prescription Opioids and Heroin Use
- Incarceration-Related Withdrawal from Methadone Leads to Aversion to Opioid Agonist Treatment
- Inability to Access Addiction Treatment Is Associated with Initiation of Injection Drug Use
- High-Quality Motivational Interviewing Skills In Brief Interventions for Drug Use In Primary Care Are Not Associated with Better Outcomes
- More Restrictive DEA Scheduling of Hydrocodone Combination Products Substantially Reduced the Number of Prescriptions and Tablets Dispensed
- Alcohol-Related Conditions Play An Important Role In Inequalities In Total Mortality
- Associations Found Between Prenatal Alcohol Use and Many Co-Occurring Medical Conditions
- Decreased Pain Associated with Less Return to Drinking Following Alcohol Use Disorder Treatment
- Texas “Pill Mill” Law Reduces Opioid Dose and Volume
HIV and HCV
- Do People Living with HIV and Low-to-Moderate Alcohol Use Have Improved Survival?
- Pilot Study Suggests Efficacy of Naltrexone for Reducing Methamphetamine and Alcohol Craving and HIV Risk Behaviors Among Men Who Have Sex with Men